Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Ode to my 2/0

I recently retired my 0/2 Raphael detail brush the other day and couldn’t help but reflect on the number and quality of miniatures it helped me paint. This was my first brush from the Raphael manufacturer and I was extremely impressed. Before being introduced to these brushes a year ago, I had been painting with average water color brushes from the local arts and crafts store for over 10 years. This and my other sized Raphael brushes have proven to hold more paint (e.g. longer paint stroke per dip), maintain their point, and last longer than any brush I’ve used before. I wish I had found these much sooner. Although I was good about cleaning them with soap and had to occasionally clip a wayward bristle, I probably used my 2/0 well beyond its intended life span. The picture to the right has my old 2/0 beside the new one and it is obvious it has seen a lot of action. This brush has helped me detail and hardline 6 Eldar Swooping Hawks, 5 Wraith Guard, 5 Striking Scorpions, 1 Avatar, 10 Dire Avengers, 10 Howling Banshees, 6 Mounted Warlocks, 1 Fire Prism, 11 Fire Dragons, 2 Space Marine Dreadnaughts, a Rhino, a Drop Pod, and a LandRaider.

No comments:

Post a Comment