Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Ork Battlewagon

I finally finished the Battlewagon (with the Deff Rolla and Killkannon). It's overkill, I know, but I can't imagine not having both. I still have the optional gunners to paint, but they won't make a big difference to the overall effect.

I tried something different. I hard-lined the red panels with metallic silver, to make it look like the paint was wearing away from the edges. I think this could be improved in 2 ways: wider edge highlights, and darker/layered metallics.

2 comments:

  1. The metal on the edges adds great contrast and the model looks impressive from a distance. This model reminds me of the story of the Bradley Fighting vehicle, as told in the HBO special "Pentagon Wars". Are there any options not included on this beautiful Dark Lance magnet :-) ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't install them all, but let's see...
    - Boarding planks
    - Wrecking ball
    - Grot Riggers

    The Force Field I have to get from the Mek Boy, it's not "included"

    ReplyDelete