Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Super Dungeon Explore. Part 1


The above pic shows the first 6 models (heroes) painted in my newest minature game, Super Dungeon Explore.  I was introduced to and purchased this game at Origins back in June.  Apprently, Sodapopminiatures had just released the second printing of the game and I got one of the first copies.  Changes in the new release include the replacement of the metal hero models with these fantastic plastic ones.  Other blogs show that the newer models are also a little bit larger.

I immediately fell in love with these minatures after seeing the display booth at Origins and examining the images on the box.  My miniature painting style had taken on a cartoony-ness over the past 5 years and these models would definatley accentuate that more than the "realistic" sci-fi models (40k) I had been working on.  I am very pleased with how these first six came out.  I think that my high contrast blends and hardlined boarders and edges replicate the techniques used by comicbook artists and makes these models look very similar to their fantastic art work.

The box came with 40 models; 9 of them heroes; and all of them gorgeous.  I can't wait to see how the rest turn out.
 

1 comment:

  1. How did you paint them, brush or air brush?

    ReplyDelete