Sunday, September 20, 2009

Descent Minis

Below is two of the first four Descent miniatures I've painted. Descent is a multiplayer dungeon crawl game that plays very similar to the out of print Warhammer: Quest. The game comes with 70 models, 20 of which are unique character models; the rest are monsters. There is nothing fancy about their sculpts, they are made of flexible plastic and they are about half the size of the chess pieces I've been working on. Nevertheless, I find it challenging to attempt to paint each of them quickly (~2hrs) and as close to their description art as possible. The two below have OSL that makes them particularly challenging (glowing sword on first and lantern on second).

I have no idea why all the nice collage pictures I make with Corel Photo Paint get uploaded in the negative colors but it is very frustrating. The images open fine in a jpg viewer but seem to get corrupted during the upload to the blog site. Therefore, I've also added the unmolested images below.



2 comments:

  1. I've been painting Talsiman miniatures (the GW equivalent of this game), and they use similar material in their sculpts. It really makes me appreciate the quality of the plastic GW uses for Warhammer/40K miniatures.

    Your minis look fantastic! I know what a pain it is to paint these.

    Is the scale the same?

    ReplyDelete