Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Another Eldar Tank

So these posts are a bit out of order. I painted this tank just before the NOVA open in August. The tournament before that, the ICGT, proved to me the value of mechanization and I meant to fixed that gap in my army. I hope to add another Wave Serpent to my army soon as well as beef up and double my jet bike squads (see blue jet bike in previous post). I've even been toying with the idea of a second, three-strong squad of war walkers. I don't really like the paint job on the current ones and my 'Ard Boyz list for 2011 requires six :-)I think this model turned out quite nice but a little dark. When compared to my early tanks, it is noticeable a shade darker. Next to the newer, glowy Fire Prism, they are about the same. This model also fell victim to a phenomenon that was slow to recognize but is now undeniable--varnish will change the color of your paint job. Sometimes it is nice, because it tends to bend together fades and hides the brush strokes. Unfortunately, it can also dull and darken the highlights. After spraying this model I had to go back and repaint all of the hard lines. I wish I had taken a "before" shot to show the difference. BTW: the same problem occurred with the Black Queen and I had to repaint her skin and hair highlights. I switched to a new can of varnish before coating the most recently painted jet bike. The fading is less obvious on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment