Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A small break for Chess

While drooling over the Golden Demon models at Games Day, I was captivated by the amazing skill with which the artist are painting faces. At the same time, I realized that my flesh tone paints have nearly dried up, from lack of use. There are but two un-helmeted heads in my entire Eldar army and account for about a micro ounce of elf flesh paint. Therefore, I took a small break from Eldar to work one of my Chess pieces. The below image is of my recently completed Black Queen model.
Although I think her flesh is highlighted and blended well, it is not the color I had set out to paint. She is supposed to be a frankenstein-like creature and I wanted the flesh to a have a blueish tint. However, I started painting her like any other humanoid and was so pleased with the blending that I wimped out when it came time to tint with blue. Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment