Sunday, August 7, 2011

Venom skiff

The GW version of the Venom transport (bottom pic) required a little pirate-love before being added to my army (top pic). I let the wych models that were provided as crew walk the plank and replaced them with the Kalabite Trueborn mods that I created from the Eldar Scouts. Each model has a small neodymium magnet mounted between its feet that matches up to another magnet on the vehicle. Similarly, I have two movement bases that each have magnets glued on top. This allows me to pull these two models off the vehicle and onto the bases when its time for them to disembark. This serves as a good WYSIWYG reminder and reduces the number of models I'd have to paint. I've also mounted a sail from the Raider transport in place of the original cannon mount. I needed a sail to match the army's theme and thought this new profile made the model looked more balanced (and kind of shark-like :-)

1 comment:

  1. I hated the Wyches on that model. I'm glad you replaced them. The sail looks awesome! I can't wait to see how the Trueborn work with the magnetic bases.

    ReplyDelete