Sunday, August 7, 2011

Kalabite Trueborn mod




Games Workshop has not produced models for the Elite Dark Eldar warriors (Kabalite Trueborn) yet, but I had a set of models already in mind. The top picture is a squad of modified Eldar scouts that I'll be using for the above mentioned unit. The bottom picture is the unmodified version of the squad from GW's webpage. I picked these models primarily for their ponytails, pointy ears and flowing robes, which I think fit well in the theme of my army. The modifications I made were not significant and pretty easy using the new resin (instead of metal) models. First of all, I substituted Dark Eldar muzzles to ends of all of the guns. Two of these received the splinter cannon parts and the remaining three got the regular splinter rifle. The model that originally came with an eldar helmet was lopped off and replaced with a pony-tailed she-elf head. The model with the cloaked helmet received some re sculpting to better resemble a dark eldar version. I used split, carved, and stained craft sticks on the bases to resemble planks that might be found on a pirate ship

No comments:

Post a Comment