Sunday, July 5, 2009

Necro Display Base Day #3

So it turns out glue takes a lot longer to dry in 80% humidity then I had originally expected. Because of this I didn't get everything glued until this morning :( Good news is I got to move forward today. The following picture shows the gravel/sand I applied to give the base that desert feel. I had a little bit of trouble getting the glue to stick. The Styrofoam is very slick on the smooth parts and the glue does not like to stay put. Good news is it seems to have dried well.


Next I based with a mixture of black, dark brown, and some glue to insure that the gravel would stay put after the paint was applied. This turned out to also be a very long process as the paint had the same problem with the Styrofoam as the glue did. Patience seems to have gotten the job done.


I will most likely apply a second coat after the drying is complete. A good night of drying for the base coat and I should be able to get a few more colors on tomorrow. My biggest worries at the moment are whether the paint will stick properly once it is dry. I will likely coat the whole thing with thinned down glue in the end to give a lacuer like coat.



More to come...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment