Monday, July 6, 2009

Necro Display Base Day #4

Well I made some good progress today. I found that the humidity does not seem to effect the acrylics paints as much when they are used at full strength which is necessary when dry bushing. Because the paint was able to dry faster today I made a lot of progress as you can see below.

As can be seen I applied a lighter brown on top of the dark brown/black base coat to give the shadow layer more warmth.


I then applied a yellowish brown similar to the tau cept ochre foundation paint to bring the base color closer to the sand color you would expect for the tau home world.


Finally I highlighted with a bone white color to accent the sand. This is very similar to the theme used when basing my main army.


After that final highlight was completed you can see the final product. I think it turned out pretty well.



Tomorrow I will give the whole thing a coat of thinned down glue to seal everything and then apply some static grass to add some additional depth. The whole thing will be finished off with black trim. I should have the final product ready by Wednesday. I will post and update then.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment