Friday, July 3, 2009

Necro Display Base Day #1


Well I finally got around to starting my display base for The Necro 2009. I have decided to got with a desert feel as it goes well with the traditional Tau colors I used for my army. I started with just a piece of foam core for the base and began to build up from there. As you can see I went with blue high density Styrofoam.



I got to use for the first time my foam cutter. The thing works like a charm, cuts through the foam like a hot knife through butter.





Finally here is the mockup for the back portion of the board.

Here is my test placement of my army. Looks pretty good I think. I did end up having to added a little more height in the back to make it look right, but I forgot to grab a picture.


Well that's it for today. Tomorrow more gluing and paint! :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment