Saturday, June 26, 2010

Blood Angels Sanguinary Priest

Finally started taking pictures of my recent paintings. The first is a Sanguinary Priest (Apothecary). I've never painted a lot of white, so it was a real challenge for me.

The new Codex: Blood Angels allows me to take up to 3 Apothecaries as a single Elite choice, but they are all independent characters that grant a 6" Feel-No-Pain bubble (as opposed to vanilla marines, where they only grant FNP to the command squad). I gave him a jump pack, so I could Deep Strike him (Descent of Angels gives a re-roll on reserves rolls, and only 1D6 scatter). I also gave him an Inferno Pistol (6" melta pistol). The first time I used him, I dropped him in behind a Vindicator tank, blew it up, then jumped to the nearest Tactical Squad to spread the FNP love.


2 comments:

  1. The colored background makes quite a difference. Its kind of neat how the different colors affect the look of the model itself. In the red background, your red elements don't pop anymore and in the blue background, the blue-hue in the white armor makes it fade into the background a bit. The red picture actually seems to have a little brighter lighting (shadow is less pronounced) so the comparison with the white background isn't really fair. The face came our really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My light-tent is pretty large, so I have to play around with the lights a lot to get the light coverage I want. I did add a light above the camera for the red, because I thought the red was too dark without it.

    I also wanted to mention that this model was converted. The Inferno Pistol was taken from the Dante model. At first I didn't like the pose, because it pointed out too much, but after showing it to people, they liked how it drew attention to the weapon.

    ReplyDelete