Saturday, June 26, 2010

Not ready for GD yet

So, I've continued my theme of model renovation into the single Fantasy character category. Below are before and after pictures of an High Elf Everqueen model I originally painted about 8 years ago. See if you can guess which things I changed? I'll give the answer in a follow up post.
Eventhough I think she is improved, the dress is not quite GD-quality. I'm having trouble getting the inspiration and courage to paint a nice pattern onto the dress. I guess I still have a month and a half. If you have any suggestions, I'd love to here them.

3 comments:

  1. I can tell that you repainted the hair, and the gem on the staff. Maybe the cowboy belt-buckle...

    Did I miss anything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hair was definately redone: adding a wash and completely repainting it. All of the gems were repainted. The rocks and bevel on the base were repainted. Finally, there are tonnes of black outlines added; especially to the staff. Oh wait, I did do a little to the belt buckle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I see the change to the base now. I wasn't paying attention to that part.

    I think the sleeves of the dress need some kind of contrasting detail. The right arm sleeve kind of blend into the staff, and the other sleeve blends into the dress. Maybe just along the edge?

    ReplyDelete