Sunday, August 23, 2009

Black Knight Chess Piece 1

Just finished the first of two skeleton centaurs to represent the Knights on the Black team of the chess board. I love this model but I'm disappointed with my paint job even though I can't pinpoint a specific reason. I think the bones turned out well. The NMM on the armor is OK. It may be the gold NMM that I don't like...but I'm not sure if I don't like the color of it, or it just doesn't fit well on this model (especially on the helmet).
Even though the bones turned out well, I'm concerned about using GW foundation paints for blending. They have this strange phenomenon of drying more opaque then they were applied. Although this is great for creating a base coat, it seems to ruin a well layered blend. On the next model, I will try using the GW "Tau Sept Ocre" as the base but do all the highlighting with regular (non-Foundation) paints to test for differences.

1 comment:

  1. I think the gold on this model turned out very well! Good job!

    ReplyDelete