Sunday, August 30, 2009

Black Knight Chess Piece 2

Just finished the second Knight for the Black team. I think the gold on this model turned out more realistic than the previous night. I allowed more of the orange to show and I used brown with less red in it for the darkest shadows. Black is left in the deepest shadows and white glints are added to wherever I think they would be appropriated.
The GW Foundation paint experiment I mentioned from last post was useful. Blending with "bubonic brown" (normal acrylic), instead of "Iyandan Yellow" (foundation line) did create a nicer fade. Therefore, I will be avoiding foundation paints for all layered blends unless I see strong evidence to prove that it is superior.
Next up is the White Pawns--which happen to be human knights on foot. I plan to paint several at a time, so it's unlikely they've been done by next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment