Sunday, May 9, 2010

OSL Fire Prism - Update 3

The hull is coming along quite well. Below is a pair of images showing the progress so far. The blue panels still need to be blended and hard lined and the gems on the front of the hull need to be painted green. The lower hull (the black part) is still untouched. Nevertheless, enough is done to show how the OSL is coming along. I am satisfied with the way the yellow green came out on the tan and how the reflection of the crystal came out on the canopy. To accentuate the brightness from the crystal, I painted the opposite side of the hull in a couple shades darker tan...which I think worked out well too.

Looking at these pics, I see some lines that need to be cleaned up and the like. Since you don't normally get to see Golden Demon pics at this close range, I wonder how clean their lines really are.
Next up; I finish the blue panels and then on to the bottom hull. I look forward painting the refection of the crystal on the engine intake grid as well as making the exhaust nozzles glow.

1 comment:

  1. That looks awesome! The reflections on the canopy are particularly nice!

    ReplyDelete